About Scot C. Putzig
Scot, a Midland native, received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan and his J.D., with cum laude honors, from the Notre Dame Law School. While at Notre Dame, Scot was an editor with the Journal of Legislation and clerked for the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan in Flint, MI, and the Michigan Supreme Court in Lansing, MI. After graduating from Notre Dame Law School, Scot clerked with the Michigan Court of Appeals in Grand Rapids, MI. In January of 2018, Scot became a Shareholder at Shinners & Cook.
Scot focuses on business law, real estate and secured transactions, employment, estate planning and probate, and civil and commercial litigation.
In addition to the practice of law, Scot enjoys reading, golfing, playing card games and traveling around the country.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Saginaw County Bar Association
- Midland County Bar Association
- Saginaw Chamber of Commerce
- Midland Chamber of Commerce
- Saginaw Economic Development Corporation (SEDC), Board Member
- Saginaw Valley Young Professionals Network, Chair, Board Member
- Legal Services of Eastern Michigan, Pro-Bono Attorney Volunteer
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Midland, MI, Former Congregational Council President
- Fordney Club, Member
- Frankenmuth Credit Union, Associate Board Member
“Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” – Theodore Roosevelt