Shinners & Cook provides a full range of legal services, representing clients with business, estate planning, litigation, and real estate needs. Our full-service approach allows us to build relationships with our clients that solo practitioners and large firms cannot offer. Our collaborative legal team provides each client with strong legal representation, and in a prompt, professional manner.
We recognize that it takes a variety of individuals and talents to make an effective legal team, including legal assistants, legal technicians, legal secretaries, and attorneys. We place strong emphasis on continuing legal education, equipment enhancement, and state-of-the-art practice techniques. The dedication to excellence in client service our Firm was founded on continues as our standard today.
Recognizing the need for a practice emphasizing excellence in service for the needs of the business owner, Jake Shinners established Shinners & Associates in 1975. Bob Cook later joined the Firm, expanding the existing practice areas of trust administration, probate, and estate planning. The addition of Bob Cook gave the Firm roots in the Saginaw legal community dating back to the early 1900s.
Today, the attorneys at Shinners & Cook, have more than 80 years of collective legal experience, with each attorney practicing in specialized areas of law.
A Commitment to Excellence
Shinners & Cook is committed to anticipating and safeguarding our clients’ business interests today and tomorrow. When you work with Shinners & Cook, you get more than legal advice – you are also assured of:
- Experience – Most of our attorneys own or have owned their own business, giving us a unique perspective.
- Trust – We’ve built long-term relationships by respecting our clients’ priorities, their time, and their need for complete confidentiality.
- Excellence – We bring clients value by providing resourceful solutions for their current needs and by anticipating their future challenges.
- Protection – We’re here to help our clients protect their investments and plan ahead for a prosperous future.
- Responsiveness – Addressing the clients’ needs promptly and effectively is our first priority, so we respond to our clients in 24 hours or less.
- Resourcefulness – Our diverse experience with a wide range of clients gives us the resources to offer customized solutions for the most complex legal needs.
A Commitment to the Community
As a long-time member of the Tri-Cities business community, Shinners & Cook is a strong supporter of local civic, cultural, and charitable organizations. By devoting our time and resources to organizations that promote education, recreation, culture, economic development, environmental responsibility, and enjoyment of nature, we hope to enrich the lives of those in the Saginaw area now and for generations to come.
We also encourage our attorneys and staff to take an active role in organizations where their talents and interests can help our communities thrive.
Here are just a few of the area organizations we support: